Life at our house.....

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Grade



Well, we've survived two days of school. Sydni is just not happy because (1) she misses her kindergarten teacher, Ms. Laura, (2) she didn't get the first grade teacher she wanted (although we really like her teacher, Ms. Karen...and Sydni does too...it's just taking her time to adjust, (3) none of her friends are in her class and (4) school goes longer and there's not as much outdoor time as last year. Big change from kindergarten and anyone who knows Sydni knows how difficult that is for her. Ah...the tough lessons of life! I'm hoping tomorrow morning goes better...this morning we woke up to tears and a determined, "I'm not going to school...I hate it!" We got to see Ms. Laura after school so hopefully that will help some. I think this part of parenting is harder than staying home with 3 toddlers!


Paul and Rosie start PEP next week...9/1...Paul M-F; Rosie M, W, F, so I'll just have Ashleigh at home. Not sure how she's gonna like that although it will be good for us to have some one-on-one time. She gets evaluated by FWISD on 9/28 and hopefully will be admitted to PPCD after that. Am gonna try to pickup some after school care work to supplement our income. I just dont' see how I can go back to work just yet...not until they're all in school....but I don't really want to go back then so hopefully we'll win the lottery and all will be well!!:-) I think I'll just work on living in the moment:-)

1 comment:

  1. We'll start playing the lottery, too!! I keep forgetting that to win we have to buy a ticket. Then, we'll all be rich and can get that ranch we've been talking about for years!!

    ReplyDelete